Choosing a hotel when visiting New York can be overwhelming. Whether you’re with friends or alone, the city is just too exciting so just remember value is key as well as luxury. The point of The INNSIDE New York is to get out and explore whilst having a great base.
Uptown Affluence And Downtown Style
The INNSIDE New York is part of the infamous ME group. It has the same clean, modern feel to it as their other hotels and is in a great location in Chelsea. The lobby is home to the most attentive staff, as well as a bar where they can create every cocktail imaginable.
The front of house staff are actually also your concierges. All New Yorkers, they know their NYC stuff. In face, their extensive knowledge is so impressive you almost want to stay with them all day and just listen, it’s fascinating.
Furthermore, on the lower level there’s the restaurant where the most insane breakfast buffet is served. Think pancakes, bagels, scrambled eggs, salmon, bircher muesli and so much ham and cheese.
The rooms have a bright, fresh feel to them and have everything you need. They’re a handy, clean space away from the noise of the big city. It’s all in the detail – you’ll find the softest sheets, the comfiest bed, rainfall showers, USB plugs, Nespresso machine and not to mention, a free minibar (soft drinks only mind!).
NYC For Miles
Note rooms floors 16 to 20 have the best views of the Empire State Building. Go all out and upgrade to a terrace suite for even better views. As with most New York rooms, they’re small. If you’re attempting to fit four into a double room then it’s definitely a squeeze. The beds are definitely big enough for friends to share and are super comfy with crisp, fresh linen every day. Depending on the height of your room the views are good and it’s perfect for sneaky peaks into neighbouring offices and apartments.
Facilities-wise, there’s a sun terrace, meeting rooms, a gym and yoga studio too.
The City That Never Sleeps
Be warned that the shower wall which separates the bathroom and the bedroom is frosted glass. Not an issue if you’re a couple but perhaps not so great when you visit with friends. Let’s just say you’ll know each other that little bit better by the time you leave!
All in all, a great hotel to rest our heads momentarily before dashing off on our next adventure.
How To Book
Click here to book directly through Melia for the best rates.
Take It From Us
- ONE WORD REVIEW: Minimalist
- BEST ROOM: If there are just two of you then the suites are great as they give you a huge amount of extra space. All the other rooms are essentially the same so no worries about room envy.
- RATES: From $197 per room, per night
- WHAT TO WEAR: You’re in New York so anything goes
- ACTIVITIES: They have a gym and then to counteract that a bar downstairs that does a great Espresso Martini. Also a full restaurant.
- BEST LOCAL ATTRACTION: You’re in New York so this list could be a book long. We suggest you research before your visit to find the best spots to eat and the most exciting things to do. Message us for recommendations and we’ll happily send our favourites.
- HOW TO GET THERE: It’s so easy to fly and you can get some great deals. We also recommend for a long weekend trip to the city to get a super early flight from the UK so you arrive late afternoon and then fly back on the red eye – it’s all about maximising your time.
Babington House – Your Stylish Somerset Escape
‘You’re never too early to check in here’ says the receptionist with a smile – we’re off to a good start. What they don’t warn you though is that you’ll never want to check out. Escape The City Babington House part of the Soho House Group is a true escape. Opened in 1998, the house…read more
Piccolo Cucina – New York’s New Deliziosa
Italian food is always a good idea but Piccola Cucina’s authentic Sicilian dishes are a must if you’re in New York City. Bellissimo! Nestled in New York’s Soho district is a tiny but lively Italian restaurant aptly named Piccola Cucina. The waiters and chefs couldn’t be more Italian, always happy, anything is possible and everything…read more
This Pig On The Beach Went To Sea…
It’s not so new anymore but tucked away in a ridiculously beautiful corner of Dorset, we are still talking about THE PIG On The Beach. When you have to book 9 months in advance for a hotel room, you expect big things – piglets running around the garden, turquoise sea for as far as the…read more